Powerex Inc. – основанная в 1986 году американская компания, производитель силовых полупроводников. Ассортимент продукции включает МОП-транзисторы, диоды, симисторы, силовые модули IGBT, модули питания DC-DC и др.
Powerex is a leading supplier of discrete devices, modules and integrated high power semiconductor solutions. Its broad product line includes IGBTs (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors), HVIGBTs, IPMs (Intelligent Power Modules), rectifiers, thyristors, custom power modules and assemblies. Powerex supports many markets, including:
- AC, DC and Servo Drives (Low and Medium Voltage)
- Aircraft (Electro-Hydrostatic Actuators, Power Generators)
- Alternative Energy (Wind, Photovoltaic) and
Distributed Power (Flywheel, Fuel Cell, Microturbine)
- Electric Vehicles
- Induction Heating
- Industrial Pump Controls
- Medical Power Supplies (CT, MRI, X-Ray)
- Power Generation and Distribution
- Pulsed Power
- Transportation (Propulsion and Auxiliary Power for Rail, Shipboard)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- White Goods and HVAC
Powerex and its strategic partners maintain a commitment to research and innovative product development to meet customer power semiconductor requirements, including:
- Decreased Component Size
- Reduced Costs
- Increased Energy Efficiency
- Switches that
- Operate at Higher Frequencies
- Are More Reliable
- Offer Integrated Functions
This broad product line is enhanced by divisions devoted to the development of
- Custom Modules
- Customer Specific Assemblies
Powerex standard and custom products are all supported by its world-class applications engineering staff.
Established on January 1, 1986, Powerex is the result of a combination of two pioneers in the power semiconductor industry -- the Power Semiconductor Divisions of General Electric Company and Westinghouse Electric Corporation. With the idea of advancement toward the future, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation established an equity position in Powerex.
In 1994, Westinghouse sold its shares to General Electric and Mitsubishi Electric, which currently share equal ownership of Powerex. Powerex exclusively provides sales, marketing, strategy and logistics support for Mitsubishi Power Semiconductor devices in the Americas. This relationship with Mitsubishi, the world leader in IGBTs and IPMs (Intelligent Power Modules), allows Powerex to give its customers access to an established supply chain and cutting edge technology.
Powerex also manufactures a wide range of rectifier and thyristor products at its Youngwood, PA factory.
- Corporate Offices - Youngwood, Pennsylvania
- Manufacturing Facilities - 90,000 sq. ft.
- Office Area - 15,000 sq. ft.
- Warehousing/Distribution -15,000 sq. ft.
- Employees - 325
In addition to the Powerex manufacturing facility/corporate headquarters in Youngwood, PA, USA, Powerex also serves the global market via its manufacturing facility in Tangiers, Morocco.
Preferred Global Partner for High Power Semiconductor Solutions
- Consistently deliver value, quality and expertise
- Provide customer desired innovation
- Achieve growth and profitability for our customers and owners
High performance, collaborative teams with individual accountability
- Responsive to customers' present and future needs
- Focused on quality to deliver reliable products and solutions on time
- Continuously increasing productivity and reducing costs
- Passion for learning and sharing ideas
- Reward for performance
Always with uncompromising integrity and high safety standards
Our goal is to be “First in Quality” with the focus on TOTAL and CONSISTENT customer satisfaction.
- A personal commitment and awareness from each associate in ALL functions
- Do every job right the first time
- Produce the highest quality products
- On Time delivery
- Competitive pricing
- Total awareness of customer needs