- Unconditionally Stable.
- Precision Reference Voltage.
AIC431 :2.495V ±0.5%
TL431A :2.495V ±1.0%
TL431 :2.495V ±1.6%
- Sink Current Capability: 200mA.
- Minimum Cathode Current for Regulation: 250mA.
- Equivalent Full-Range Temperature Coefficient:
- Fast Turn-On Response.
- Low Dynamic Output Impedance: 0.08W.
- Adjustable Output Voltage.
- Low Output Noise.
- Space Saving SOT-89, SOT-23, TO-92 and SO8 packages.
The AIC431/TL431A/TL431 are 3-terminal a d-
justable precision shunt regulators with guar-
anteed temperature stability over the applica-
ble extended commercial temperature range.
The output voltage may be set at any level
greater than 2.495V (VREF) up to 30V merely
by selecting two external resistors that act as
a voltage divider network. These devices have
a typical output impedance of 0.08W. Active
output circuitry provides a very sharp turn-on
characteristics, making these devices excel-
lent improved replacements for zener diodes
in many applications.
The precise ±0.5% reference voltage toler-
ance of the AIC431 makes it possible in
many applications to avoid the use of a vari-
able resistor, consequently saving cost and
eliminating drift and reliability problems asso-
ciated with it.